Audree Baldizon
Period 3, English 10
Miss Kim
10 October 2009
The speaker is a disgraced pastor. He admits that he had a second relationship with a man. He's a changed man. Ted Haggard states, "' I think he rescued me'" (Haggard 7). Being in that relationship changed him. He thinks that this speech will help peolpe. He admits everything he did was wrong and he thought that was God wanted him to do.
CNN states, " He (Ted Haggard) acknowledged that his actions were hypocritical, but said he could not control his urges" (CNN 8). He's using plain folk. The way he shows that is he saying what he did was wrong. He's not perfect and he makes mistakes too. He's saying that he can recover from them. For example, '"Today, I'm 100 percent satisfied with my relationship with my wife, and I have no compelling things in my life toward others."' Even though he is using plain folk this doesn't connect with his audience. Many people have this problem that cant just recover from them.
I think this person doesn't have a good ethos. He's a pastor and a hypocrite. Pastors are suppose to following teachings of God. He lied and cheated on his wife with a man. He's a hypocrit because he was preaching against homosexuality. Haggard was doing what he was preaching against. Even though he ended up telling what he did was wrong, it was still wrong. I think he still believes he's perfect. He think he can get over his problems like anything. I do not think he is believable and trustworhty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteewww you!
ReplyDeleteahahahah
1.you need the MLA heading
ReplyDelete2.Need a tittle
3.Your inf for the first paragraph its fine,you made the main idea clear!(i think you need 2 more sentences)
4.you need to say more things about it and put some phatos.
5.You have good arguments!!
6." He" it doesnt need space, hypocrit needs and e ad the end like hypocrite.